Hops, Oats and Barley
- Date: 9/2/2017 at 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Location: Linnés Hammarby Kulturreservatet
- Organizer: Uppsala linneanska trädgårdar, SLU Agrarhistoria, Länsstyrelsen i Uppsala län
- Contact person: Lotta S Saetre
- Visning, Temadag, Kulturevenemang
It is harvest time at Carl Linnaeus' country estate!
We harvest hops, oats and barley in the restored farmland surrounding Linnaeus' country house. Learn about old varieties of hops, and beer brewing. Gather hops to put in a sleeping pouch - a traditional remedy for better sleep. Tie a nek of oats and bring it home. The activities take place in the Culture Reserve, free entrance. Entrance to the house and park, 80 SEK. Guided tour of the house in English at 12.30.