Lecture: Populism and the prospects of liberal democracy
- Date: 4/6/2017 at 1:15 PM – 3:00 PM
- Location: Brusewitzsalen, ingång Östra Ågatan 19
- Lecturer: Professor Jan-Werner Müller
- Organiser: Department of Government
- Contact person: Shirin Ahlbäck Öberg
- Phone: 0702410806
Professor Jan-Werner Müller will lecture on "Populism and the prospects of liberal democracy"
Jan-Werner Müller is professor of political science at Princeton University. This academic year he is a visting fellow at the Institute for Human Sciences in Vienna, where he is working on a book on Christian Democracy in twentieth-century Europe. Among his earlier books, which have all attracted much praise and attention, are What is populism? (2016), Contesting democracy (2011), Constitutional patriotism (2007) and A dangerous mind – Carl Schmitt in post-war European thought (2003).