Guardians of God: Inside the Religious Mind of the Pakistani Taliban
- Date: 27 April, 15:00–17:00
- Location: Hall 1, Department of Peace and Conflict Research, Gamla torget 3, Uppsala
- Lecturer: Dr. Mona Kanwal Sheikh (DIIS Copenhagen)
- Organiser: The Department of Peace and Conflict Research, Uppsala Forum on Democracy, Peace and Justice and Pax et Bellum
- Contact person: Daniel Finnbogason
Welcome to a book presentation, where Dr. Mona Kanwal Sheikh (DIIS Copenhagen) will present her new book Guardians of God: Inside the Religious Mind of the Pakistani Taliban.
Based on years of first-hand research by Dr. Sheikh, the book is the most comprehensive account to-date of the Pakistani Taliban and their religious justifications for jihad. Having interviewed and spent time with the Taliban, Dr. Sheikh builds a case for dialogue with a group that may stop fighting if its grievances are understood.
A leading expert on the Pakistani Taliban, Dr. Sheikh will discuss the prospects for conflict resolution with religiously motivated militants. Participants should register with their name and affiliation to email@example.com by Wednesday 26 April.
This event is organised in collaboration with Folkuniversitetet.
For more information on Guardians of God: Inside the Religious Mind of the Pakistani Taliban please visit Oxford University Press.