Love Data Week: Open data - examples and reflections
- Date: 2/14/2018 at 12:00 PM – 1:15 PM
- Location: Geocentrum Geobiblioteket
- Lecturer: Gustav Nilsonne
- Organiser: Uppsala University Library in collaboration with the Department of Earth Sciences
- Contact person: Jonas Petersson
- Phone: 018-471 3975
Open data can enable cumulative science, new discovery, and critical reanalysis. Increasingly, scientific journals and funders are mandating open data. Challenges exist in relation to data stewardship and protection of sensitive data from humans. This talk will give examples of open data from research on humans and will discuss scientific and ethical principles in relation to these examples.
Gustav Nilsonne is a researcher in neuroscience at Karolinska Institutet and Stockholm University. He is also a "data domain specialist" in connection to the Swedish National Data Service (SND).
The lecture will be held in english. There will be a sandwich and coffe/tea, first come first served.