”African-American History and the American Dilemma”
- Date: 1/26/2017 at 2:15 PM – 4:00 PM
- Location: Engelska parken Room 7-0043
- Lecturer: Jørn Brøndal, University of Southern Denmark, Odense
- Organizer: SINAS and The Swedish Association for American Studies
- Contact person: Dag Blanck
Jørn Brøndal is the director of the Center for American Studies at the University of Southern Denmark and has published widely in the fields of American ethnicity and politics. His Ethnic Leadership and Midwestern Politics: Scandinavian Americans and the Progressive Movement in Wisconsin, 1890-1914 received the Wisconsin Historical Society Book Award of Merit in 2005. His massive Det sorte USA. Fra Uafhængighedserklæringen til Barack Obama (Black America. From the Declaration of Independence to Barack Obama) appeared in 2016 and is one of the finalists for the Berlingske Tidene/Danish Library Association 2017 Readers Book Award. Brøndal is also a leading commentator in Danish media on American politics and society.