Why should every place be a city?
- Date: 10/12/2017 at 2:15 PM – 5:00 PM
- Location: Evolutionsbiologiskt centrum Blåsenhus, von Kraemers Allé 1, room 12:130.
- Lecturer: Professor emeritus Claes Caldenby, Architectural Theory and Methods, Chalmers University of Technology; Professor emeritus Mats Franzén, Institute for Housing and Urban Research, Uppsala University; Senior lecturer Emil Sandström, Department of Urban and Rural Development, SLU and moderator Fil. dr. Anna Micro Vikstrand, Department of Art History, Uppsala University.
- Organiser: The research node Urban & Rural Space
- Contact person: Susanne Carlsson
The research node Urban & Rural Space arranges a seminar on “the urban norm”. The “big city” is a strong ideal in almost all contemporary town planning. Why is that so and how did this ideal emerge? What kind of cities does it result in? And what consequences will this urban norm lead to for small towns, suburbs and rural communities? There will be lectures and a panel discussion.
Please register your participation via Susanne.email@example.com at the latest on October 5th 2017! Full programme at www.histfilfak.uu.se/urbananruralspace.