Lecture by Honorary Doctor Johan Heilbron
- Date: 24 January, 13:15–15:00
- Location: Blåsenhus Betty Pettersson-salen
- Lecturer: Honorary Doctor Johan Heilbron, Professor of Sociology at the Erasus University in Rotterdam, Holland, and Head of Research at Centre Européen de Sociologie et de Science Politique de la Sorbonne, Paris.
- Organiser: Fakulteten för utbildningsvetenskaper
- Contact person: Maria Karlberg
Public lecture by the Faculty of Educational Sciences’ honorary doctor 2018 Professor Johan Heilbron, with the title Making Sense of Globalizing Social Science.
Professor Johan Heilbron has made significant contributions to historical sociology, sociology of science, economic sociology, sociology of literature and to research on higher education. He works both in Holland, where he since 2008 is Professor of Economic Sociology at the Erasmus University Rotterdam, and in France, where he since 2000 is head of research at the Centre Européen de Sociologie et de Science Politique de la Sorbonne.
Professor Heilbron’s studies during the 1980s of French sociology’s early history was pioneering in what was then a fairly unexplored field. Since the early 1990s, he has primarily studied different aspects of transnationalisation and globalisation in science, academia, finance and multinational companies. For many years he has worked with Uppsala University researchers at several different departments, including in sociology of education and government, and has also worked at SCAS, the Swedish Collegium for Advanced Study, in Uppsala.