China’s Belt and Road Initiative and a New Era of Transcultural Networks?
- Datum: –
- Plats: Universitetshuset
- Arrangör: Institutet för Rysslands- och Eurasienstudier (IRES), med stöd från Uppsala Forum för demokrati, fred och rättvisa
- Kontaktperson: Jevgenija Gehsbarga
- Telefon: 018 471 1630
‘The Belt and Road Initiative and a New Era of Transcultural Networks?’ is an international conference focusing on the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI), a grand multilevel cooperation platform actively promoted by the Chinese Government. The event will connect researchers across Europe, Asia and North America from a variety of disciplines to facilitate discussion on the cultural, political, and social implications of the current unfolding of the BRI in Eurasia.
Scholars will discuss the following topics:
- addressing the BRI both inside and outside of China (by nation-states, non-state actors, corporations, and local communities)
- the BRI as a tool to revitalise older histories of overland and maritime trade and cultural exchange in order to connect countries, ports, and people
- the BRI-implied making and unmaking of political and cultural affiliations in Eurasia
- the implications of interactions between China and Eurasian sub-regions and individual states on informing the concepts and ideas of security, peace, and development.
The conference is free of charge and open to the general public.
For further information, please contact conference organizer Dr. Maryia Danilovich firstname.lastname@example.org
The conference is organized with the generous financial support of the Swedish Foundation for Humanities and Social Sciences and Uppsala Forum on Democracy, Peace and Justice.