How to search systematically in Medicine and Pharmacology
- Date: –17:00
- Location: Biomedicinskt centrum, BMC BMC B/B7:111a
- Organiser: Uppsala universitetsbibliotek
- Contact person: Ebba Warén
This session is aimed at PhD students, post docs and researchers in medicine or pharmacology who want an introduction to searching systematically, e.g. for a systematic or scoping review.
The learning objectives are that you will:
- Understand what a systematic search is and reasons for performing one
- Know how to plan and conduct a systematic search
- Be able to document your search and know when it is relevant
- Be able to identify different types of literature reviews and select one that suits your research question
- Know of different tools and resources used for systematic reviews
The focus of this course is searching systematically and it builds upon previous knowledge in basic information seeking. If you are looking for a general course in information seeking, please see our course in searching for information for researchers.
If requested, the course will be given in English, sign up here.